Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nursery Progress and Happpy Easter!

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind - family visits, showers, and you know, the rest of our crazy, busy life. It is an exciting time for Steve and I, and I find that the weeks are starting to go by quicker and quicker. We have made some more progress on the nursery. I have to credit my friend, Britte, for recommending http://www.etsy.com/ for nursery decor. At first, I was a bit overwhelmed by how much stuff they have, but after I got a little more specific with my search criteria, I found lots of great, reasonably priced hand-made decor. I seemed to have fallen into a owl / bird decor - the artwork that I got is actually designed based on a Pottery Barn Kids bedding set that they are currently selling (I think it's called their Hayley Collection). The colors are similar to my bedding, so I think it works great. I am still waiting on a couple more things - picture for over the changing table, drawer pulls and curtains. Here are the pictures:

This was a shower gift - so precious!

Credit to FarmHouseFive on etsy.com


The shelves are filling up - baby girl is going to be so spoiled....

I really love this ryhme and wanted to find a way to incorporate it into the room


Her mobile - a gift from my bestest friend, Stacey and her mom, Barbara.
Easter Brunch at Ridglea Country Club (yes, that is the same dress that I wore to my shower, pregnancy wardrobe is limited :-))

On Friday, my friends, Erin and Randy threw me a shower to celebrate with my co-workers. They really went all out and every detail was so thoughtful. Thanks again ladies!







No comments:

Post a Comment