Saturday, September 17, 2011

A day in the life....

Since Mommy is getting ready to go back to work next week, she thought it would be a good idea to do a blog about how we have been spending our days during her maternity leave. I have been so lucky to have mom home taking such good care of me for the past 11 weeks. I will miss her when she goes back to work, but Grandma Angel and then Grandma Kathy are going to come and watch me for a while and I know that is going to be SO MUCH fun because let's face it, Grandmothers Rock!! Mom has also told me that she will only work four days a week which doesn't seem like too much to me!

Ok, so here is life as I have known it so far...

6:30AM - Mom comes to my room to wake me up, I get a new diaper and changed from my PJs. Then I get to eat, I'm always really hungry after sleeping all night --- that is hard work!
7:15 - Time to get in the stroller and head out for our walk and run. So Herbie doesn't feel left out, we take him for a short stroll around the block first, then we drop him off at home and hit the road for a 3 to 4 mile jog. By the time we start the run, I am ready for a nap and usually snooze the whole way.

8:45 - When we get home, I sit in my bouncer (my favorite spot) while mom takes a shower.
9:15 - Time to eat again! Then I normally spend some time on my activity mat.
10:30 - Around this time I go down for a nap. I like to use the SwaddleMe blankets when I sleep. In this picture, mom let me have one arm out! I also like the pacifier for naps but as you can see here, I typically spit it out once I fall asleep.


12:00 - Around this time, I either wake up or mom wakes me up because it's time to eat again! About once a day, I take a bottle. This is my favorite bottle taking position.


12:30 - We do lots of different things in the middle of the day. Sometimes we go to playgroup and I get to hang out with some of my buddies...

Sometimes we have friends over....

And sometimes we meet one of mom's friends for lunch...

When we go out to lunch, normally I sleep....

2:30 - Back home to eat again, hang out and take another nap!
5:30 - Up to eat again (I hate to miss a meal!)
6:00 - Dad comes home from work around this time and we hang out while mom finsihes cookinng dinner.


6:30 Normally I hang out in my bouncer or pack and play while mom and dad eat, then I'll take another short nap.

7:30 - Time to eat again! Then I put my PJs on and hang out with mom and dad on the couch reading books and "talking." Depending on my mood, sometimes I'll take another short nap or I'll just stay up and hang out.

10:00 - Last meal of the day (the 7th one for those of you who have been keeping track)! Then off to dreamland for mommy and me!

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Michele! You will both look back on this one day & treasure it very much. She is such a doll!! Best of luck with heading back to work, as I'm sure it will be difficult at first. :)

    ReplyDelete